Line Dot Editions, our partner gallery located at 1023 N Western Ave. in Chicago, invites emerging and established artists from Chicago and the larger Midwest area to submit work for a juried exhibition this holiday season. This is an unparalleled opportunity to gain exposure and build meaningful relationships in the art community, both on the local level as a Chicago-based exhibition and on an international level via the gallery’s web presence. Artists of all backgrounds working in any medium are welcome to apply. After the submission deadline on September 30th, a panel of five judges will evaluate all completed applications and choose 20 winning artists. Selected artwork will be exhibited in a holiday show running from November 17th until December 31st with an opening reception at the gallery.
- Artists must submit all of the following to be considered:
- Images of 3-4 available works (image size not to exceed 2MB per image) that have never been exhibited or offered for sale previously, submitted with title, medium, size, and price for each
- Brief artist statement/bio
- Links to website and Instagram account
- Submissions will be accepted via email only (no walk-ins) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘[First Name]_[Last Name]_Application’
- September 30th- Deadline for applications
- October 15th- Selected artists notified
- November 1st- Deadline for artwork delivery
- November 17th- Opening reception for exhibition
- December 31st- Exhibition closes
- January 31st- All unsold artwork must be collected
- Artists must be 18 years or older and currently residing in the Midwest.
- Selected artists must promote the exhibition across all social media platforms.
- Artwork must be ready to display and be delivered to the gallery no later than November 1st.
- Artists will be responsible for collecting all unsold artwork between January 1st and 31st. If an artist is unable to collect unsold artwork in-person, it is the artist’s responsibility to arrange and pay for return shipping.
- Artists are not allowed to collect work before the exhibition ends on December 31st, or make arrangements to sell selected artwork through another platform during the exhibition.
Line Dot Editions reserves the right to reject any artist/artwork at any time, for any reason.
Please contact Shana at Line Dot Editions (hello@linedoteditions) if you have any questions!