Peter Max Lawrence
Vertical Gallery presents our first online gallery artist feature with Peter Max Lawrence. We are teaming with the prolific artist to show over 50 of his works that we have personally selected from his vast collection, all at a very special introductory price. All 9" x 12" on 100lb acid-free paper for $150 ea.
Peter Max Lawrence (www.petermaxlawrence.com) is a contemporary media artist working within painting, video installation, sculpture, photography and drawing. Born in Topeka; adopted soon thereafter and raised in Kansas City, Kansas, he currently lives and works in San Francisco, California.
Over the course of his life and career, he has created a large and diverse body of work, exploring a wide variety of approaches, media and themes. Lawrence’s visual art, performances and videos have been presented internationally in venues ranging from basement bathrooms to major museums. Among some recent works of note are The Battle of the Last Goodbye, a massive installation composed of thousands of paintings, videos and sculptures situated among a collaborative two-person exhibition titled AT WAR with artist and poet Truong Tran at SOMArts and was funded by the Commons Fund & Curatorial Residency.
We at Vertical Gallery have been following and collecting PML's work for the past five years. This is a rare opportunity to own one of his unique characters and/or his version of a current comic character. Peter is definitely an artist to watch.
- The Indelible Sulk, Mission: Comics & Art, San Francisco, CA, 2013
- Bad Booth and Beyond, Fountain Art Fair, New York, NY, 2013
- Meta-Force, Squeaky Wheel’s Peepshow 2013: Hot Mess!, Dnipro Ukrainian Center in Buffalo, NY, 2013
- Dessin(s), Commanderie des Templiers de la Villedieu, Élancourt – Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, France, 2012
- Magickal Marvels: Ethos, Mythos, and Pathos, James C. Hormel Gay & Lesbian Center - San Francisco Public Library, 2012
- The Ghost Show, Gallerí Klósett, Reykjavík, Iceland, 2012
- At War: Truong Tran & Peter Max Lawrence, SOMArts, San Francisco, CA, 2012
- Here Comes The Rain, Her Majesty's Secret Beekeeper, San Francisco CA, 2011
- Prey for Us, Little Bird, San Francisco, CA, 2010
- Sacred Monsters, Leedy-Voulkos Art Center, Kansas City, MO, 2005